The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, D B Cooper, Otto Skorzeny, Ponchogl), 148 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,144
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
I bought a later model 235 for my 1950 3100. The bell that is on it has different mounts than my truck. Is there any gotchas to swapping the bellhousings, other than disassembly/reassembly and checking runout?

I'm converting the truck to 12V and pushbutton start. My plan is to take the bell off the existing engine, remove the foot starter, and put it on the new engine. I plan to keep the clutch/flywheel from the new engine and use the 12V starter that is on it now. Any starter gear alignment issues that I will face using the old bell and the flywheel off the newer engine?

Thanks -
Jim

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
Everything should work find. The only minor difference is the exhaust angles, gas pedal linkage location.others will let you know if I missed something.

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,798
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,798
As you probably know, some of the bellhousing attaching bolts are behind the flywheel. Be careful unbolting/removing the flywheels; they're heavy and have a tendency to mangle fingers if you lose control of them as they turn loose from the crankshaft dowel pins!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Thanks guys. I will definitely wear thick gloves when handling the flywheel! As far as exhaust I'm having all new exhaust done so I don't have to worry about mating up to any existing stuff. And I'm putting a new Weber 32/36 from Langdon on so I'll deal with gas linkage with that.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0