The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, WICruiser, classicfins, Rick Brown, Youngin' Tut 59), 141 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,594
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 12
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 12
No, I did not mistype, dad was an interesting guy. Sadly, pop just past (way before his time)and he left me his pride and joy. It's a 1954, stock, except dad put a 216 out of a 1948 car in it instead of the original 235 when the engine bit the dust. Before he died, he bought a set of wheels for it(15x8 with a 4 inch back space from LMC). I need some ideas for tires. I want to honor his vision and take dad for one last ride (he is being cremated and the ashes spread). I'm looking for something original looking that doesn't throw off the speedo, affordable and handles semi-well. Any thoughts? If not, can somebody point me in the right direction?

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
You can go to Speedway Motors or the Tire Rack and plug in the present tires on the truck and find the radial equivalent.


Evan
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 9
Factory rims were around 4.5" wide so getting a tire that fits the 8" wide rim isn't going to look stock. I'm currently researching the same thing because I have OLD tires on 16" rims and recently bought a set of 15" rims off a Nissan 4x4 I'm thinking about using. A mostly stock look in the 16" size seems to be LT215/85/R16 and it looks like a lot of people run a LT235/75R15 but I'd check with a good tire shop to see if they recommend putting them on an 8" rim. If you go to www.tirerack.com and punch in the LT235/75R15 size you can pick a tire & look at the specs then try to find something a bit wider with the same diameter. Steering is going to be hard if it is manual though.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0