| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,360 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 9 | Hello, I have been a member since this summer, and have found most of my answers through searching. This is one I have not found. I went to a local salvage yard that had a pair of first series doors on the ground, but has excellent chrome window trims. I made a package deal with him, but I have to remove them. I am unsure as to how the outside trim pieces are installed. The inside are just screwed on. I can see it has a small section at the top that slips over the ends where they are split and would start by carefully knocking it one way to expose the end. That is as far as I have figured out. The shop manual I have for my 48 does not cover this. I appreciate any help | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | What do you mean by "first series doors". If you are referring to 1955 first series the trim won't fit your '48 truck unless your doors have been replaced with '52-55 doors. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,281 | Regardless of what year (47-55 first series), to remove the exterior trim, you will need to remove the window channel, and the tiny clutch head screw at the top. Then you will need to carefully coax the trim piece out without bending it beyond repair. Some bending is necessary, just go slow. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2014 Posts: 9 | | | |
| |
| |