The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Rusted Nut, 39Master85, BC59, 1 invisible), 92 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,376
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1072527 12/10/2014 1:18 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
found a unrestored no back seats, rust free, some dents and bumps wrong steering wheel, later 6 cylinder, some cracked glass driver guy wants 15000.00 is it worth it? i have to make a decision pretty quick thanks

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 182
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 182
$15K?? Too high. My 41 has rust and came with a cracked engine but was $1500. You can have a lot of rust repaired for $13,500. $7000 would be more like it, unless its really nice.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Quick chance low ball price of $6500.

Just sayin.....


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 9
He is non negotiable

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
I doesn't matter what it's worth to the world, it's what it's worth to you that should matter.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Pass!


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
You can always make an offer and see what happens.


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
The price range for those early burbs over on this side is about right for a complete non molested truck in running and driving conditions.i know that in the east they are cheaper but you will have to deal with a lot of rod in them.if any of you fellas out towards the East Can find a Burb in that condition for cheaper post it up for him.or point him in the right direction.

Last edited by wirewizards; 12/10/2014 4:36 PM.
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Do you have any pictures of it ??


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 112
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 112
Hi. I had a 1940 burb I sold about two years ago, when I lived in Florida. Moved to Texas because grand kids and wife. Had it up for sale for 7000. Sold it for 2500 I think. I\It was it was a driver. Had everything except front bumper and two rear seats.
Wished I still had it. $15000 is a lot for what your post reads.
take a good look at the roof should be solid, no holes. the back of that burb looks like steel but is really wood and steel. rear inside, where windows go, is wood frame wrapped in steel. rear window inside is wood frame insert. tail gate is wood frame inside for support. The one I sold had main body done. all wood repaired wood window molding deck with new bed strips. needed fenders running boards reworked and hood repaired. All in All I had around $12000 into it. I figured around another $20000 to finish it. Suburban's are more expensive to restore. $6000 or $7000 I would say tops. At $15000 it should be complete truck no missing parts. At that kind of money you can buy a daily driver not a 40 burb but 50s 60s 70s truck. Only reason I can think is 1028 as I remember 40 burbs made. I would walk away if he will not go lower. Take a good look again at it Make him an offer leave your name and number with him. Hope this helps. Jbennett

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Under Ebay completed listings, found a 1941 in pretty reasonable shape in Alabama. Pretty complete looking. Some rust. $2000......Did NOT sell as far as I can see. If I was back there, I sure would look at that boys! He is an honest, 100% feedback guy, WITH A TITLE!!!!!
I will say with something that old, I don't really know what "reasonable shape" is for sure. It just has the "original look", completeness and extra parts of stuff I like to buy. you can find it for a short time under 111518716460.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0