| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,437 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 A teacher, but always an apprentice. | | A teacher, but always an apprentice. Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 | Doing cab work on the 53 GMC 3 window. Has anybody installed shoulder belts in their cab? My wife asked about seatbelts. Lap belts seem inadequate but better than nothing. However, I'm curious to see how someone may install shoulder belts in this cab. I have some ideas but it may be a heck of a lot of surgery... Thanks | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 | I too would highly recommend the Juliano's 3 point belts. I've installed them in both my 50 Chevy 1/2 ton and 52 GMC 1/2 ton. Both are 3 window trucks and the placement of the upper shoulder attachment is not as critical as it is in the 5 window. If I were to do it again I would probably not weld in the upper bracket as I feel that the bolt assembly and its backing plate is more than adequate. I also bolted the retractor assembly through the cab floor (not welded) and modified the mounting of the stationary belt to get a more direct "pull" of the belt through the seats. I just didn't feel comfortable with the stationary belt weaving through the seat cushions mounted in the conventional manner. The belts are Julaino's taupe color and I think go well with the tannish gray color of the interior. Here are some pictures of the installation. shoulder belt attachment retractor mounting stationary belt mounting bracket seat frame modification | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 134 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 134 | Here's how I did it. seatbelt link | | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 A teacher, but always an apprentice. | | A teacher, but always an apprentice. Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 2,168 | Thanks guys. Huck, your truck sure looks good. What headliner did you use? It really stood out. I think I'll get these when the time comes  | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 289 | Fox I am pretty sure I got the headliner from Jim Carter and the medium brown color. Mike | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 328 | X2 on Juliano's ….. Have installed 4 sets of their belts in the past and they're good folks with lots of styles and options to choose from….
My 51 panel has the "airplane style buckles" because I didn't want those stiff plastic flex things sticking up. Worked out great.
mike
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 186 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 186 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | I'm amazing this keeps coming up. If (and likely when) I were doing it, Juliano's seems to be the best choice. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 70 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2010 Posts: 70 | I am using a seat from a '93 Silverado along with the seat belts. They work great in my '53 3-window. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 Gas Pumper | | Gas Pumper Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 | The above link is no longer active. I tried to forward the proper URL so there was no interruption, but in case you are having trouble.. www.speedprint.com/Deves50is now devestechnet.com I hope our Borg Overdrive friends get this message as well! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2015 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2015 Posts: 4 | I imagine I can make the factory belts from an 89 S-10 Donor truck work in my 53. Good info here. | | |
| |
| |