| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 92 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2006 Posts: 92 | I'm looking for all new glass for my 46 Chevy 1/2 ton. Most places I have found are expensive or want $200 to ship it freight. Any cheaper places out there? Thanks | | | | | Joined: Aug 2014 Posts: 213 I have more zippers then a pair of cargo pants | | I have more zippers then a pair of cargo pants Joined: Aug 2014 Posts: 213 | If it's flat glass & you have your old stuff take it all to a local glass shop & have them cut you new glass. You save shipping & the chance of any of it getting broken..joe
~ Joe Donate Blood, Plasma, Platelets and Sign Your DONORS CARD. The Life You SAVE Might Be Someone You Know and LOVE. Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying. ~ Arthur C. Clarke | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 | Weltertm, I would recommend that you order a template from Jim Carter or American Classic Truck Parts if you don't have the original glass intact then you can take it to your local shop and have them cut you the glasses. They are all flat so it should be an easy cut. It could save you $.
Bread . | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | If you buy the flat glass from an on-line vendor, buy the glass setting tape from that vendor, too.
Thicknesses of glass and tape are sometimes different from different sources.
When you buy flat glass from a local vendor, take your old glass in - not just for the pattern, but also for the glass thickness. If they cannot match the thickness, you might hasve to try different thickness of setting tape (if you choose to use setting tape).
Last edited by tclederman; 12/06/2014 5:13 PM. Reason: deleted incorrect reference to Bread's post - sorry
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 269 | I am sorry if I gave the wrong impression to purchase glass from an online vender, I was meaning that the vendors mentioned sell paper templates, then take the templates to a local glass shop and have the glass cut. I don't know about the glass setting tape, you would think the local shops would have it but just in case, give them a call.
Bread . | | |
| |
| |