The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Steelonsteel, F100Ranger, Naturalthud, 1 invisible), 93 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,466
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1068970 11/18/2014 2:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 134
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 134
Are the doors on my 51 ad 3100 different than the others , if so whats the diff thought they were the same except handles and vent windows Please advise

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

The latch and catch/striker is for 1947-1951

Other than exterior handle and vent windows (and associated mechanisms), what other difference are you asking about?

Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 134
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 134
what modification is need to mount 51 door handles on 52 or newer door

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
I don't believe you can mount '51 door handles on a '52 or newer door, flattop.

I replaced my wrecked '51 cab and left door with a '53 cab and left door. I had obtained some '53 handles but could find no way to make them work on the right '51 door. So, the left door has a '53 handle and the right door has a '51 handle.

I'm still working on the '51 striker plate on the '53 cab. It currently is functional, but I want it to be better.

I did some extensive measuring, drawing, and documentation on both doors in my journals, flattop.

I'll scan them and put them in my photobucket within the next few days and see if that helps you.

Last edited by Davey Do; 12/01/2014 10:29 AM.

Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
Hey Dave, the next time you are near Virginia, or I am in Illinois, we could swap doors. I have the opposite problem that you have.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
Originally Posted by 52Carl
we could swap doors. I have the opposite problem that you have
Well, that almost sounds like a plan, Carl!

Flattop- in reviewing my journals, I don't think all those measurements and drawings will help you in any way. They would only go to serve that it would be very difficult to make a '52 or later handle fit on a '51 door.

I noted in the journal, "Stovebolt Aficionado Tim (tclederman) says it's easier to fit the '51 door hardware on '53 cab than it is to modify the '51 door to receive the'53 hardware".

Let us know what path you decide to take, flattop, and we'll be there for you.

Best of luck!


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
Dave,the 51 door that I have is in Very Good condition.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
Thanks a bunch, Carl, but I JUST got through painting new logos on both doors featuring Hank Williams!

http://s837.photobucket.com/user/da...&_suid=14175868700640542397305174357


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
No problem Dave, I can chance a few letters and make it Green Funk. smile


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
A "Blue Funk" refers to a depressive state.

A "Green Funk" could be interpretted as a state of envy.

I'm sorry, Carl, but your Green Funk is just gonna hafta keep on envying the Blue Funk's right door.



Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Online: Content
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,282
Aw funk!


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
52Carl #1072772 12/11/2014 11:26 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 419
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Aw funk!


yahoo Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!


Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0