The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (3B, Joe H, Gdads51, 68ironhead, Jon G, JW51, 3800GUY, TUTS 59), 198 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,103
Posts1,056,188
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#107086 05/16/2003 1:31 AM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 23
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 23
OK somebody I need to figure this out and I need some help. I bought the assembly manual for my 57 and was looking at the measurements they have for distances between points. Well they say things like 30.18 to CL. I figured out the CL, that's center line of truck. However every tape measure I own and have ever bought is in 1 sixteenth inch segments. Could anybody out there translate for me?

Willy 57

#107087 05/16/2003 2:03 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
1/16" = 0.0625"
2/16" = 0.125" (1/8")
3/16" = 0.1875
4/16" = 0.25" (1/4")

etc


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0