The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (59 fleet, 3800GUY, Charles in CA, IHPWR), 144 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
Were "clutch-head" screws used to fasten the glovebox door to the pair of hinges?

I recently spent time an an old salvage yard that had a few A.D. trucks in very poor condition. I looked closely at one early A.D. truck (47-48-49?...evidenced by the thin metal retainer band used to help fasten the cardboard box in place) and noticed that 4 clutch-head fasteners were used to secure the door to the 2 hinges. The clutch-head screws were too far gone to be saved.

Can someone verify that these clutch-head screws were factory correct? If so, I am looking for 4 to use in my '48 Chevy 1/2 ton.

Thanks.

LUKE

Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 17
My truck was pretty original when I bought it and it has four phillips screws. I have a 52 3100.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
I understand that the Phillips head were used in the later A.D. trucks. Is this also true for the early A.D. trucks, or were the "clutch heads" that I found in this old rotting truck correct for the early A.D.s?

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
I am just trying to "jump-start" this conversation, since there was very little activity on it last fall when originally posted. Must be that I am getting tired of winter! brrrrr

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Original 1950 glove box Phillips head hinge screws:
http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/159152283/large
dg


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 791
Making some progress here! smile What type of fastener was used originally under the dash to secure the hinges?


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0