The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Tiny, Otto Skorzeny, 2 invisible), 111 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,476
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Anyone have experience with the Auto Meter GPS Speedometer?

I know there are apps for your phone and Garmin-Tom Tom and others but I'm not interested in talking those.

Do they operate well? Cloudy weather bother them. Tall buildings downtown? Reliability issues?


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 215
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 215
I purchased my unit from Speedhut, and only put about 15 miles on it before the truck went to the paint shop. So far so good. The GPS unit is mounted on the dash near the windshield. I like the fact that you can record 0 to 60 times and 1/4 miles also.

I would like to hear form others with experience with these also.

Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 11
I put one in my '53 3100 when I could not get the sensor from the S10 to work with my gauge set - I used the Autometer GPS sending unit - It appears to be accurate. When I first take off in the truck, after its been off for a while - it take about 30 seconds to sync up with the GPS satellites - after that no Problems

It appears to work in all weather - at least so far - I have about 200 miles on it since I put in in the truck

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Thanks everyone. The gauges in the '48 are Dolphin and after a call to them I'm going to replace the manual speedo with their electronic speedo. All I could find online were the complete gauge sets at $500 or so but the nice folks at Dolphin said they will sell directly to me so that's the way I'm going.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
I'm interested in the GPS units also.

I've been looking at the Speedhut units for awhile. They seem to be quality units. I haven't seen or talked to anyone that's used them though.

Considering the the advances that have been made in electronics, I'm willing to guess they're pretty accurate. My wife's phone even knows the exact coordinates of speed limit signs, it's knows when I'm speeding down the knats, well ...

Most boats are using GPS units now also.



1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
Do they show the mileage (how many miles on motor?)

Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 255
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 255
I have SpeedHut in my rat. Works great after it links up.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0