The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,289
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
Looking at a 1938 3/4 ton cab C/K pickup 1500 placed on a 2008 gmc canyon 4x4 drive line engine 5 cyl automatic. Has anyone heard of this combo thanks . I think the canyon also came with a v8

Last edited by WP53; 11/17/2014 4:02 PM.
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy WP53, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking us, but Maple Leaf trucks were the two largest Canadian Chevrolet models, the 1600 series 2 1/2 ton and the 1700 series 3 ton, hope that helps.

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
I was asking if anyone has used the Canyon truck frame to do this mod, only the cab is on I am looking at the truck tomorrow.
Maybe it is too large if it is 2/1/2 ton thanks

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
"Maple Leaf" with respect to a "cab only", is just a badge, cabs are all the same regardless

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
The 3/4 cab is the same as my 1 ton cab.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
great thanks I noticed alot of S10 frames being used haven't seen any Cannion frames. 0r using the 5 cyl. 4x4 Looking to build a old school type truck.

Last edited by WP53; 11/17/2014 10:36 PM.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0