The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (NJC, Shade Baby), 145 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1067478 11/10/2014 5:37 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
In looking through some of my un-scanned filmstrips I found this one. Some unique pictures of the AD years (especially panels) many of which I had not seen before. More to come when work travel dials back a bit.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/sets/72157648801943787/

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 112
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 112
Brad Allen that is the best stuff I have seen in a long time.
They should put the photo's you have in the tech section. Someone restoring a chevy can see what it looked like new. Very well done , thanks for the input. Jbennett

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 17
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 17
thanks for sharing that with us.... some great history and feature analysis.

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
T
Bondo Artiste
Bondo Artiste
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 793
Very good info there. Thanks for posting this up for us.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 186
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 186
thanks for this upload. It answered two questions on my panel. The wheels had two pinstrips and there was a belt line strip.


Still trying to get ole Betsy back on the road.
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

I think there were usually three stripes on the 16" 1/2 ton wheels/rims and two stripes on the 17" wheels/rims.

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/chevyresto/5069.htm
http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/chevyresto/4969.htm

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,146
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,146

After watching the filmstrip, my future purchase will be a Chevrolet 3100 Series Truck.

Thanks,

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 77
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 77
Very cool.

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
U
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
U Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
The Tech Tip should be... Beware of Brad Allen's filmstrip galleries- They are addictive & end up being very time consuming.

BUT, so is scanning them in for everybody, and they're always worth it, so hats off to another good one, Brad!

I like the subtle smack-talking in the advertisements; and I've never seen that tailgate comparison.


Wrench Fetcher, PhD
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
I have identified another 200 to upload when I get a chance (1930's-1970's). That would make 30,000 or so pictures ultimately on my Flikr page!

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 170
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 170
Thank you much for sharing these - they are great!

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 362
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 362
I should show the filmstrip photos to my fiancee's dad. He has a '50 F-1, and I have a '50 3100.

It would be all in good fun, of course, because he knows I've wanted his F-1 BAAAAAD for a while before I got my Chevy.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 155
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 155
Great series Brad Allen. We already knew the Advanced Design Chevy was far more a work of art than the homely Ford of the day, and now we know the many ways the Chevy was more technically advanced as well.
RdsLessTaken/Don

http://s1291.photobucket.com/user/RdLessTaken/library/


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0