| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,253 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 362 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 362 | Were the 3 speed transmissions in these all syncornized. I need a 3 speed for my truck and I have access to one and it would be nice if it was.
I'm wanting it for my 58 GMC. Larry
Last edited by LarryW; 11/03/2014 10:23 PM.
58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,098 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,098 | Yes, If it is the stock 3 speed transmission it is full Syncro. It can be identified by the 7 bolt side cover. It also has a fine spline output shaft. You will need to modify the shift arms and find a fine spline yoke to use it in your 58. Fred
1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes 1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes 2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans 1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 362 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 362 | Thanks. I picked it up this morning. It's going to make a great addition to my 58. I'll also have to source the speedo hook up. It came with an extra starter and the bell housing which I don't need, plus the clutch lever and a clutch and pressure plate.Larry
58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2011 Posts: 2,951 | One reason I got rid of my 1965 3 speed was because it wasn't synchronized in 1st gear. I recently bought a 1969 3 speed for the floor shift linkage. Is my 1969 3 speed synchronized? What year did they start synchronizing 1st gear? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | 67 was the first year for the full syncro 3 speed. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
| |
| |