The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, klhansen, Shaffer's1950, Steelonsteel), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,618
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1063062 10/18/2014 11:58 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
Anyone know where I might find these? I would like to replace all 10 up front and all 20 out back. Any GM part numbers, accurate dimensions, or sources will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!


Saving American history one rust bucket at a time. When they're gone, they're gone forever!
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Coneboy, I think the GM numbers are, front 5835888, no cross at Napa, rear 3651366, no cross at Napa, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
Do you know if those are the numbers for the 9/16' studs? Thanks


Saving American history one rust bucket at a time. When they're gone, they're gone forever!
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Coneboy, by checking the nuts for the same application I determined that they are 9/16"X18

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
I checked the one's from Classic and the knurl is wrong for my '41. Guess I'll have to try to track down the GM part numbers - (thanks, 3B) I'm hoping someone out there has a few spares they'd like to sell. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks


Saving American history one rust bucket at a time. When they're gone, they're gone forever!
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
Ok, after hours of scouring the internet, I found the correct part numbers for my application. They are - 3683850 for the front, and 5238559 for the rear. Anyone out there have any of these or know where I might find them? I checked with Dorman and they don't have anything. Anybody know who the factory supplier was for these? Wagner, Raybestos, etc.


Saving American history one rust bucket at a time. When they're gone, they're gone forever!
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 74
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 74
Coneboy,

I hope someone will give you a more direct answer, but following is an example of what I have found out about replacing hard to find parts on an older truck. After an unsuccessful application search for a replacement brake/clutch master cylinder, I found one based on part characteristics - In this case it was shape, bore diameter, and bore length. This is not easy, but it has worked for me. Good luck with your '46.

JRMunn


JRMunn
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Do the civilian trucks use both left and right hand threaded studs? If so, you may need to broaden your quest to four different part numbers. Do you have a Fleetpride store near you? If so, I would take a few samples over to them and spend some time searching through bins. I also agree with JRMunn; often the part number search ability is limited even though there are other equivalents available. Perhaps similar era Fords, Dodges, or Studebakers used the same studs.


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
Found 8 for the front, but none for the rear. Still looking


Saving American history one rust bucket at a time. When they're gone, they're gone forever!
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
Looks like my lucky week. I found an entire brake drum, complete with good studs. The bad part was I had to go pull it off the other truck. Boy, those things can be a bear to get off!!! Anyway, all good to go now!!! Thanks for your help.


Saving American history one rust bucket at a time. When they're gone, they're gone forever!
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Sounds like a good score. Can you get the other drums?


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 37
Sure can. PM me


Saving American history one rust bucket at a time. When they're gone, they're gone forever!

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0