The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (carbking, DaveV, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,427
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 6
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 6
I recently bought my 1952 Chevy pickup from a guy who had started the restoration but lost interest. The body is solid and he did a very good job of getting the body ready for paint. He cleaned up the frame and painted it with a rattle can of something. :confused: It already has a few chips and minor rust spots. I want to keep the truck fairly stock and to be able to drive it a couple of times per week around town but also be able to put it in a local show. What is the general recommendation for painting the frame. I am leaning towards going back down to the frame and getting it powder coated but don't know if this will ruin the trucks value. I'm also struggling with body colors. I was thinking about one primary body color (an original color of course) and black for some of the other parts like running boards, fenders, bumpers, etc. What is the feeling about how this would look and effect the value for showing. I want the truck to look the way I am going to be happy with but I also don't want to create something that looks cheezy. I am hopefully going to be driving this truck a long time and will pass it on to my son.

I am excited that I found this forum. smile Everyone here seems very knowledgable and excited about trucks!
tim52

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
Tim: It's one of things dang If I do, dang If I don't. As we usually reomend it's your truck> A lot of the fun is imagination. A lot of us have gone all the way to frame and done right. The problem is as P>O> losing interest.

Those frames are old a little care and they will last a long time. Color preference is yours. Look up pictures ya kinda know what you want then go for it. As we are indiviuals so is your truck and extension of you. GET SON INVOLVED! popcorn The Truth is Out There (thats what is all about plus harassing this page grin )

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 279
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 279
Tim, I went all the way to the frame myself. Used Eastwood's frame products and am happy with the results. Just wire brushed the loose rust away, used the rust preventive product and their Chassis Black paint. Looks like original. As far as body colors, I am doing my '53 in Burgundy Maroon body with black fenders and grill. That happened to be an optional color scheme in '53. I used the paint chip code for the two colors and had NAPA mix them in Martin Senour paint. Looks great! I don't know for sure what the color schemes were that were available for '52, but you might find that there were some two-tone options for that year like there were for '53. If you are interested in keeping to the original optional colors, I'd start with finding a paint chip chart for your year of truck and go from there. Good luck.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0