| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Peggy M, Gray_Ghost, Hotrod Lincoln, MickeyP, 55shaker, klhansen, Craig /49 Panel),
102
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,388 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 126 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 126 | Ok. I've searched the site and there appears to be four options re a replacement for the bench seat:
1. Late 90s GMAC van third row 2. Late 90s Dodge/Plym Caravan (third row?) 3. 2002 Excursion 3rd row 4. 1989 Ranger.
Options 1 & 2 appear to be the most plentiful. There is conflicting info re which Carvan seat it is. Can someone confirm it is the third row from the 90s Caravan?
Any strong opinions re GMAC vs. Caravan?
Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | There are many more options than that. I've got an S-10 bench in mine. I never like using third row seats as they are often not that comfortable. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 1,438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 1,438 | 46gmcpu, how did you mount the S-10 seat? Looked at the album but couldn't see from there.
Dennis
40 Chevy 1/2 ton
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 126 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 126 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 1,596 | Hey guys, don't have any pictures. It was pretty straight forward. I removed the sheetmetal piece for the stock seat, and made seat risers from 2x2 and 2x4 tubing, stacked on top of each other and welded together. That was the height I wanted. Welded angle iron tabs to the sides of the tubing top and bottom, bolted them to the floor with large washers underneath, and bolted the stock S-10 seat frame to the top. A little bit of fabrication but it worked great. I used 2x4 and 4x4 blocks under the seat frame to determine what height I wanted. | | |
| |
| |