The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (50Chevy3100, Perro), 89 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,695
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
Guys,

I'm exploring options for an electric motor for my 1949 chevy truck. I know about newport and have seen that LMC and other parts suppliers sell them.

I've also seen a few folks using a early 90s chevy s10 blazer rear window motor. Only drawback is that it is a single speed. Better than the vacuum original, but would like the option of at least a 2 speed.

I've seen a few for sale on ebay that say they would work for my truck. I think they were desoto motors. You know, the internet never lies right.

So the purpose for the post. I will ultimately make my decision as to which gives me what I want at the price I'm willing to pay. Just wanted to see if there were any options or opinions that I haven't found yet. Thanks

Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 116
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 116
I installed the Newport on my 55 2nd gmc, only issue I had was blowing fuses when driving highway speed and a wind, went up a size larger on fuse and no issues. I even used stock dash knob with new switch.


1955 Second Series GMC
"Done - A 50 Year Journey"
Follow in the DITY

-- No one said it was going to be easy
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 22
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 22
I have one of the two speed 12 volt ones all the venders sell. The two speeds are slow and slower.


When setting goals in life. Always aim low to avoid disappointment

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0