The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (walter74, SWEET, Jerry 53, 68ironhead), 88 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,489
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 136
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 136
A while back I saw a truck that I want to copy when I paint my '53 3100. It was a similar model to mine.

It had two tone paint, the body was dark red with the fenders black and cab (from beltline up) black.

At the cab beltline, where the color changed from red to black was a thin chrome or stainless trim that wrapped around the cab.

Was this a factory option or something that particular owner fabricated for his paint job?

Last edited by lynngrove; 10/09/2014 8:30 PM.

'53 3100 5-window
'57 Mercury Monterey 2-Door Sedan
Tim H
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
There was no factory chrome/stainless around the belt line. Originally the trucks came with a painted stripe in that area as shown here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/12315095395/in/set-72157640522200463
There was stainless window trim available on deluxe cabs (side windows and front glass only). This trim and additional chrome beads for corner/rear windows are now available as reproduction items (chrome bead is not original). The original trim is also available on occasion here in the Swap Meet or eBay. Original install is shown here.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/12315238913/in/set-72157640522200463

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 136
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 136
If the beltline chrome or stainless trim was not offered by Chevrolet, the owner of that truck I saw sure did a great job of making it look original.

I saw the truck in a parking lot one day when we were out for dinner...wish I had taken some pics with my phone. If it's local to Bryan/College Station, TX, maybe I will see it again.

Thank You Brad for the info.
Tim


'53 3100 5-window
'57 Mercury Monterey 2-Door Sedan
Tim H

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0