| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (RLB, Patina 54),
98
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,426 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 51 | I've been running a holley weber I bought from Tom Langdown stovebolt and I'm not really sold on it. It' was better than the Rochester B, but now it's not getting enough fuel, only runs right with the choke on. Before I tear into it does anybody have an opinion on a better alternative, this has the stock cam and fenton headers.
[url=http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/shannon_joe_1953.html]1953 Chevy 3100[/ur When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,282 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,282 | Check for vacuum leaks? Are you certain that you have the correct gasket for the carb base and the insulator (if you put a gasket there)? There is a hole which often gets plugged by an incorrect gasket. Carl
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,094 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 1,094 | I have one on my truck for the last 4/5 yrs. runs like a top, just lacks a little in the mid range. ( I have a .060 over 261 with a small cam).
Tommy 59 apache 1/2t 261 short stepside | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 51 | That gasket rings a bell, I recently had the carb off for a head gasket replacement and put a double gasket under the insulator to stop a vacumm leak. An adapter sits between the card and the insulator and it has a gasket too. I'm going to pull the carb to day and check out that hole, probably plugged. What is the function of that hole anyway?
[url=http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/shannon_joe_1953.html]1953 Chevy 3100[/ur When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 51 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 51 | Well, after looking things over with carb off, I could see that I wasn't getting full throttle from the linkage, Had to get it further away from the throttle body so it wouldn't hit the throttle shaft arm. Even cut away a liitle from the arm. Tight fit for the linkage being threaded thru the fenton headers. I'm not convinced the weber holley is the best single carb set up' but it is affordable.
[url=http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/shannon_joe_1953.html]1953 Chevy 3100[/ur When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 200 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2013 Posts: 200 | These carbs fit a widely universal number of engines, and are not always jetted or adjusted to run on all of them without some kind of jetting or power valve changes on some apps.
We cannot solve our problems today using the same thinking we used when we created them! Albert Einstein
| | |
| |
| |