Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,129 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 9 | I was not able to find the value of the 1 tons for a friend. I have a widow friend who would like to sell her husband's 41 flatbed. It ran up till he parked it 5 yrs ago and she wants to sell it but doesn't know what its worth. She has people interested, just no idea what to ask. Can anyone give me an idea or where to look? Thanks guess I cant post pics so here is a link to 2 Pic of truck Pic 2 of truck | | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,177 Red dot, center of chest ... | | Red dot, center of chest ... Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 1,177 | In that condition I would ask $15,000, and I wouldn't take less than $12,000 *if* it's all original (which it appears to be.) | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I'm no expert on that vintage truck but the above given prices sound quite high to me.
For a reasonable guess at value compare prices for similar trucks that do sell on ebay over a few weeks or months. Try to judge and compare condition of those and yours as that is a major factor in the value. Location also plays a part in the value. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 237 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 237 | I have a 1941 1 ton pickup that I paid $3,500.00 for on Ebay 7 years ago. It was all original.
It was totally restored with an updated engine,transmission and rear end. It would top out at 45mph with the low gearing so I had to repower it.
I would not take less than $20,000.00 for it now.
Without knowing more details about this vehicle I would not price it over $3,000.00. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 | If it was rebuilt, I would need to see many more pictures to hazard a value. Not enough information to say. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 | Conventional cab stake bed trucks are the least desirable of all art deco trucks, so they command poor prices.
Some visible flaws: Roof is dented. Missing parking lights. Missing windshield regulator. Paint appears to be shot. Interior painted black (ugly and non-original) Considering these visible flaws, it is probable that there are numerous other flaws.
I think the truck is worth between $3000 and $6000, at least in my neck of the woods.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2014 Posts: 9 | Thanks guys. That's a big help | | | | | Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 24601 | | 24601 Joined: Nov 1995 Posts: 5,723 | Be sure to check out the article on valuating a truck in our Tech Tips Section What's My Truck Worth?
~ John A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult. 1949 Chevrolet 3804In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum1973 IH 1310 Dump1963 Kaiser M38A12001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley) | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | Pickups are the most valuable, 1.5 tons not very desireable as has been said. $4,000. Would be a good price if as Good as it looks, to right person. Get it running for her.
Last edited by EdPruss; 11/18/2014 4:14 AM.
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | |
| |