The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (IHPWR, David Bush, Gdads51), 130 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,472
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
U
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
U Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
Here is a picture of three Carter YF carbs I have: Carter YF 2100S, YF 2100S, and YF 938SD . The one pictured on the right is the 938SD and it has a tube above the choke plate/valve. It was rebuilt in '96 by someone who would put a 'certified rebuilt' tracking number sticker on one.

The two carbs on the left are YF 2100S models that I am cleaning to use on a 55.2 235(single carb application; I recently found a spare carb). They do not have the tube above the choke plate/valve.

Am I missing this tube on both of my YF 2100s? Or is this their design? I noticed my Rochesters also have the tube.

Thanks
Brad


Last edited by ClaudeTheTruck; 10/02/2014 9:44 PM. Reason: changed "part" to "this tube"

Wrench Fetcher, PhD
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
I think that is the vent tube from the float bowel. It helps keep the air pressure in the float bowel at or just under ambient. So the float can do its' job. Check with Carb King to see if I am right. You could make one up but how to secure it would be the trick.


Steve H
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
U
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
U Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 924
I won't reveal my source so I don't butcher his terminology, but the Carter YF 2100S carburetors do not have the tube in the air horn that I was questioning. This is based on a later model Carter YF.

So, if anyone finds this post with the same question I had- the YF 2100S does not have the angled tube in the air horn.

Brad


Wrench Fetcher, PhD

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0