The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Woodcmiami), 86 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#105537 01/13/2003 5:55 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7
1
Member
Member
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 7
How to I get started to work on prepping and painting my own truck? I know - roll up my sleeves and all that? What I mean is - what type of paint system is best for a beginner to work with. what type of spray gun etc.? I am painting a work truck, but would like a reasonably good appearance. Are there any good reference web sites? Thanks!

Bob


49 Chev 1 ton
55 **** 800 tractor

growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
#105538 01/13/2003 6:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
welcome brickless - that one question could be a whole forum, and in fact, it is, try scanning the 'pounding tin' forum to get the basics and then decide what kind of job you want to do.

If you scan through here you'll see that you can do paint rollers, rattle can, or spend $$$$s on a heavy duty rig. Paint rollers might be good enough and definitely inexpensive.

On my work truck, I am using HVLP gun shooting ZeroRust paint. ZeroRust is often used as a rust control primer or frame paint. They make a clear coat for it if you want a bit more pretty. I am not sure exactly how it will turn out, but I know it will be better than it were. You can see this link to see where I am at and get an idea how I am doing it.

http://home.attbi.com/~iarnstein/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

see photos


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0