The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, ronsway, 1 invisible), 165 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
So I have a 53. Now a friend of mine got a 53. Am I a little jealous, Yes! I told him to take pics as he goes. I know a few have mentioned this kit here and on other sites, so I thought I would document some of his build for others.
First off, kit is very solid and nice. Uses front end components from Heidt's as well. Has not run into many issues as yet other than the instructions are a little vague and he has had to make a few phone calls.
Overall, everything seems to fit quite well. It came to him with a more modern straight 6 and 10 bolt.
He is going crate 350, auto trans and new **** 9" rear.
Is really coming out great. Click link below...

http://www.fiftee6.com/Jeff's%20Truck%20Build/


Phil
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Even though bolt in, it appears he did some welding on the towers at the frame. I thought you also have to trim the original engine crossmember. Did he?


Drew
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 94
Drew,
As far as I know, he did not weld anything. It does appear it is, but that may be some type of filler or/ with paint that he did.
He only had to trim or grind a small area for rack. I am going to get more pics when I return from vacation. I want to do this setup as well, assuming he lets me drive his! Want to feel the difference in steering. Much safer I would imagine.
Phil...


Phil
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Thanks for your reply. The big thing of course is accuracy of measurements. You're lucky you have someone to help you if you go this route too.


Drew
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,084
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,084
Looks really good Phil. Thanks for sharing with us. Where did he get the kit? Is that a 350 sbc? When you do yours, know it's a real pain, but would be good to break the steps down a bit smaller if possible.


Allen
Yeah, well, that's just like, you know , your opinion, man - The Dude

1948 Chevy 3600 - goal Original restoration, Current Stage 1 - Disassembly and getting body in primer
1954 GMC 3100 goal Hot Rod, Current Stage 1 - Get body in primer
1931 Ford Model A 5 window Coupe - Old Skool Hot Rod
1945 Ford 2N Tractor - Runs great
1964 Ford 2000 Tractor - Use it every week
1974 Stingray Corvette


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0