The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
I will be having my '46 235 rebuilt in the near future. The truck it goes in still works for a living so I am thinking that an oil filter would be a good idea.
Now the question: can I set it up so it's a full flow filter instead of a bypass? If so, how much extra work is it?
It just seems to me that a full flow filter would be far more efficient at keeping the engine clean.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

If you are not going to put on many miles per year and you are going to annually change the oil in that newly rd built engine, you could safely get long service without an oil filter.

The by-pass oil filters are very efficient/effective.

A full-flow-conversion on a low-pressure engine seems like a lot of work/$$ for minimal benefit?

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
E
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
E Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 201
That's what I was wondering. The truck sees a couple of thousand miles a year, but many of those miles are with a full load in the hills of western Mass. Plainly put, it will work HARD. I just want to be sure I don't have to pull the engine again any time soon.

Last edited by Ed Hotaling; 09/02/2014 2:56 PM.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0