Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
136
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | I came up with the GM factory crate motor instructions for using a drilled head bolt today. I posted it on my Blog.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 396 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 396 | Thanks Dave, Interesting info I was wondering about that bolt when I was renewing my 58 engine. Is it torqued the same as a solid head bolt? I was a bit leary. Jerry
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 ODSS President | | ODSS President Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 1,424 | Dave,
How do you identify '58 and earlier rockers?
Thanks,
Cosmo
~ Cosmo 1949 Chevy Half Ton Rocinante, like Don Quixote, he is awkward, past his prime, and engaged in a task beyond his capacities. "...my good horse Rocinante, mine eternal and inseparable companion in all my journeys and courses." ...Don Quixote, Cervantes "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."...Yogi Berra "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength." ...Eric Hoffer
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Thanks Dave for pulling it all together for us. Good info, I've added it to my reference files. DG
Last edited by Denny Graham; 08/27/2014 2:16 PM.
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,248 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,248 | | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | Many thanks Dave for helping to clear up this issue that so many have an opinion on and most got it wrong. Jim | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | I was so excited when a customer gave this to me. I knew something like this must have come with a short block crate engine but I never thought I would see it.
Cosmo, up to 1958 the groove inside each rocker was centered, starting in 59 the groove is offset 1/4" so it no longer lined up with the supply hole in the shaft.
1951Chev1Ton, The torque is not mentioned but I torque them the same.
Last edited by Pre '68 Dave; 08/27/2014 3:31 PM. Reason: spelling
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | The complete installation instructions can be seen Here.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | |
| |