| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Bill Hanlon),
106
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,640 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 | Hey all,
Having trouble finding some cross reference numbers. I have a Bower 387 cone and 382 race...does this cross reference to a Hyatt KB-11786-Z assembly?
Both are obsolete so neither brands seem to show up in the bearing cross reference charts online. Also, when searching for Hyatt bearings does: HYATT=GM?
Thanks,
Paul | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 326 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 326 | I don't know about the cross reference but both of the Bower numbers show up for sale on Amazon. In case you're looking for new parts.
SimS | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 413 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 413 |
Last edited by JeffL; 08/23/2014 1:20 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 | Gentlemen,
I realize there are parts on ebay. I am trying to find the correct cross reference from Hyatt to Bower. Any sources? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Paul_WNC, KB-11786-Y is made up of Bower components 387 and 382. The whole name for Hyatt is New Departure Hyatt, and yes they were a GM bearing supplier, I don't know if they were THE bearing supplier or not, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 | 3B,
Thanks for the help. I received the Bower 387 and 382 in a Hyatt KB-11786-Y box, and wanted to make sure I got what I paid for. If the Bower parts are correct, now I have more options.
Did New Departure and Hyatt merge, as my 1940 parts manual lists them separately.
Paul | | |
| |
| |