The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, FAST55, FishinToms53, 3B, Rusty Heaps, 1 invisible), 100 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,632
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Hey all,

Having trouble finding some cross reference numbers. I have a Bower 387 cone and 382 race...does this cross reference to a Hyatt KB-11786-Z assembly?

Both are obsolete so neither brands seem to show up in the bearing cross reference charts online. Also, when searching for Hyatt bearings does: HYATT=GM?

Thanks,

Paul


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 326
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 326
I don't know about the cross reference but both of the Bower numbers show up for sale on Amazon. In case you're looking for new parts.

SimS

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413

Last edited by JeffL; 08/23/2014 1:20 AM.
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
Gentlemen,

I realize there are parts on ebay. I am trying to find the correct cross reference from Hyatt to Bower. Any sources?


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Online: Content
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Online: Content
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Paul_WNC, KB-11786-Y is made up of Bower components 387 and 382. The whole name for Hyatt is New Departure Hyatt, and yes they were a GM bearing supplier, I don't know if they were THE bearing supplier or not, hope that helps.

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,611
3B,

Thanks for the help. I received the Bower 387 and 382 in a Hyatt KB-11786-Y box, and wanted to make sure I got what I paid for. If the Bower parts are correct, now I have more options.

Did New Departure and Hyatt merge, as my 1940 parts manual lists them separately.

Paul


1941 Chevy 1 1/2-ton WW2 4x4 dump truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Lots more pictures

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0