The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 81
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 81
Just painted my '54 grille with the mariner Blue and Thistle gray combo paint scheme. I bought the decal set for the Chevrolet lettering and just decided the letters wouldn't stick well enough and didn't care for the white color. Instead of using the letters I picked them off the sheet and used the letter "outlines" from the sheet to mask off the grille and then painted the gray in the spaces. It came out great and was fast, cheap and should be a lot more durable than the decal. I'm going to try the same on the chrome hood trim.

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
Mainer-

Sounds like a great combo. I hope to shoot my truck and grill with a deep blue and gray trim as well. Post pics!

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Mainer54,

The '54 Suburban that I am now putting back together is Mariner Blue with Thistle gray trim on the grill. I will try your idea with the stencil and paint.

On my other '54, I used the decals on the chrome grill and front hood emblem. They have held up well for three years.

Thanks, Tim


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0