The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (39Master85, klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 135 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,396
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 37
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 37
I am planning on painting the inside of my '51 in a few weeks and have a few questions for you paint wise people. OK, first question, do the inside of the doors get painted the interior color? If so, where does the interior color end, and the outside body color begin?
[img]http://aricv.0catch.com/images/insidedoor.JPG[/img]
And question #2: what color was the seat frame originally? Was it the interior color, dark brown like the steering column, or just black? (I have an original frame and it is black, but it is not original to the truck). Man, what would I do without you all smile guess I'd have to do some in depth reasearch of my own grin P.S. I am not responsible for any misspelled words in my posts :rolleyes:


BiggerHammer
"The key is in knowing where to hit it"
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
Yes, the interior of the doors get the interior color, and I took the exterior color to the same point as the line you put on the picture. But I have to point out, does it really matter? What I mean is, that entire area will be covered by the black sponge rubber door gasket, so there is no way of really telling how an original truck was painted. So I figured exterior color should go around the door edge and disappear under the gasket, and interior color start some place under the gasket.
As for the seat frame, I did mine in interior color, and believe that is correct.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 428
Brian's correct on both counts. From what I've been able to determine,the cabs were assembled,including doors,the interiors were painted with the doors open,and then the doors shut and the exterior painted.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 37
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 37
Thanks for the assistance smile


BiggerHammer
"The key is in knowing where to hit it"

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0