The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, tclederman, walter74, LAROKE), 133 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,122
Posts1,056,332
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10469 06/14/2004 2:20 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 113
5
Member
Member
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 113
I've got a 54 chevy 3100 235 six with a rochester 1 barrel carb. It has automatic choke and has an auto tranny. I've called around for a rebuilt one and no-one seems to believe that I could have an auto choke on a 54. I've been told several times that the auto chokes were only used on cars in 54. Anyway, are there any reputable folks that we know that will rebuild it for me?? Also, what should this cost what should they do, and how long will she be down??

Thanks!!


Bruce (I love My Truck) Miller

1954 5 Window 3100 Chevy Pickup - Driver
1929 **** Model A Pickup - Restoration
#10470 06/14/2004 8:28 AM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
We do have a regular board member, Carbking, who rebuilds carbs. www.thecarburetorshop.com


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0