| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,664 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 101 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 101 | i need to get/ have made exquast system as the one i bought had none.its a 1958 235 what size diameter exquast pipe /muffer ???
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 | just take it to a reputable muffler shop, or buy one of the kits from the normal vendors. (I say "reputable", because I'm having to take the one I used that went out of business to small claims court.) | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,248 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,248 | I'm thinking they use something like 1 7/8" pipes.... 2" probably wouldn't hurt nothing.
John | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | need to use whatever size fits the outlet of your manifold  and it seems I recall the stock mufflers are still in the system, check NAPA, they might even still list the head and tail pipes Bill | | |
| |
| |