The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (klhansen, Uncles51, 1955 1 Series, Eileen, DBJ71SuperCustom), 99 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,295
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
Sorry all to beat a dead horse but...

I have the stock brake and clutch setup which I am going to reuse for my 3100 build. For those of you familiar, the pedals slide onto a shaft and are held in place by a large cup (to secure the lubricant), several washers, a large spring and an end cap. I am missing all of these little pieces except the large cup.

How do I secure the pedals on the pedal shaft? Not having an assembled unit I don't know what the function of all the little pieces are.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
So if we are talking about an AD truck, the factory assembly manual should have all the details. I don't think it is online anywhere.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 388
If I remember, I'll go out and take a picture of my setup when I get home after work

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
...pic...

I have a few pics scattered in this folder
...link...

The clip on the end secures the pedals on the shaft as stated in your other thread.
Unless your asking something else?

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
Originally Posted by DADS50
...pic...

I have a few pics scattered in this folder
...link...

The clip on the end secures the pedals on the shaft as stated in your other thread.
Unless your asking something else?

Lots of pics, thank you. Looks like everything is held on by a retaining washer. BUT...I still don't have most of these parts. Might be ok to just space it out with washers and then use some sort of clip to hold it together?

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
Yeah, I can get an entire bracket and pedal set up but that seems like an overkill purchase when I need a spring, washer and pin.

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
Step back and get the Big picture.
I think what Gus is trying to show You is that the parts are available and that R P M,s site states that Quote,If You dont see the part(s) you need CALL and ASK.
And they will list them for You.
Sounds like a private buy it now to me wink
regards,
steve sr.

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
Steve, I hear you. Have you dealt much with RPM? smile

Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
No,
Have not dealt with them but have not heard anything bad either.
Almost pulled the trigger a couple times,but Distance and Shipping costs have held me back,especially on the larger stuff.
Have perused their site quite alot.
I think their #s are slightly high on certain items.
But when You need something they usually have it.
regards
steve sr.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
If you are not familiar with Ebay, If a guy has 27,580 deals and has a 99.8% feedback, that's better than Chevrolet Truck Division, all parts vendors and The U.S. Credit rating.
I do not know AD trucks like the other guys but would offer this: From what I see there are two "cups" called retainers, these are ends for the spring to be "located" on the shaft. This spring could be to apply pressure on the pedal hubs but allow them to rotate also. The spring may also apply pressure to hold the "Pin Lock"? I don't know what piece has to do with grease. If what I see is true and is supported by the experts, then you now know what each piece does and can proceed to find the exact parts or jury rig it. I do not recognize the type of retainer on the end of shaft. Don't know how the pin lock works, it looks like it's in a groove. If so maybe a standard "E" retaining ring will work.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Originally Posted by jrdamien
. BUT...I still don't have most of these parts. Might be ok to just space it out with washers and then use some sort of clip to hold it together?

I don't know about piecing parts for that. Maybe an E clip would work on the end.

But I would feel more comfortable using the correct parts.

I'm not aware of that seller, just posting

Kinda surprised you didn't get any hits on your parts wanted ad.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Gus I was typing when you posted. Looks like we think alike. I took so long because I kept going back and forth to your links/pics to try and figure the assy. Sorry. You are such a great help to everyone and have an awesome library of info to share.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
Wasn't saying RPM is bad.

E clip was my thinking, too. I'm going to bump my ad and cross my fingers.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Thanks bartamos apricate your comments and the help you give the members.


jrdamien
Hope your ad gets some hits. Feel free to link my pictures

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
JR. Understood, you were just wondering if they are OK to deal with I think. That's what my comment was addressing. Agree with some of the prices being high but.... anyway seems like he is just a wrecking yard dismantling and selling on Ebay.


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
He is. Prices are high. Can be OK to deal with and sometimes difficult like any such place.

Called last week about this part, have yet to hear back.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
B
Sir Searchalot
Sir Searchalot
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,983
Did you see you have the parts right there in MN?


Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 367
I just saw (was out of town)!


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0