The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,572
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
I have to tell you, if you havn't seen the Febuary Custom Classic Trucks magazine pick one up. It has some great AD's in it. Plus a GREAT article on chopping a top. This article though not real detailed is really a super good look at a very good way to chop the top. I am doing mine like this and have used the method a few times before with good success.

Here is the link to their site. about:blankhttp://customclassictrucks.com/


1948 Chevy Pickup
Chopped and sectioned
owned since 1974 when I was 15.
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 142
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 142
Yeah,I really am enjoying that issue.I wished I had the guts to chop mine like that.

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 46
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 46
you wanna talk about having have guts try widening a car.
than chopping the top


DUSTY G.

you can do anything you want as long as you have an O [censored] man in case you mess up
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
Dusty, there really is no difference what so ever, widen, shorten, chop section whatever floats your boat.

That is the cool thing about building your truck, you can do what ever your little heart desires. You can "re-create" the truck exactly as it was made at the factory which is cool. Or you can take a saw to it and cut and weld until you have something all your own. Now, most everything you could ever imagine has been done at one time or another to one of these trucks. I have even seen one with the front sheet metal from a 71 Buick Riviera on it! So sometimes doing something JUST to be different is a disaster. But to "improve" on the design can be very gratifying. Whether or not it is actually "improving" it is of course up to the eyes of the beholder. Some can not believe someone would ever modify them at all. That is cool and to them I promise I will never, ever, chop the top on THEIR truck. smile


1948 Chevy Pickup
Chopped and sectioned
owned since 1974 when I was 15.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0