| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,129 Posts1,056,700 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 16 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2012 Posts: 16 | So I was trying to pull my half shafts and found the pinion shaft retaining bolt broke. In my efforts to get an easy out on it, i must have beat the last piece of thread off. So now i am guessing I am going to have to grind or burn out the shaft. Any suggestions?
Does anyone know where i can get a new Diff pinion shaft and retaining bolt/pin?
1952 Chevy Pickup - 3100 in process resto
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | I have some used parts I can send you. [email protected] They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 ODSS Lawman | | ODSS Lawman Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,418 | Just to make sure I understand, you are reffring to the lock bolt holding in the pin the does not allow the axle to move in to remove the c-clips correct?
If yes, I'd suggest drilling out the remainder of the bolt enough to get the pin out. Then you can try to drill and retap the carrier. If that does not work, you'll need to find another carrier in the junkyard.
SWEET Sergeant At Arms: Old Dominion Stovebolt Society BUNS?!?!?!Where we're going, we don't need no buns.....1950 GMC 450 1951 Chevy 1/2-TonThe GreenMachineIn the Stovebolt Gallery | | |
| |
| |