| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (1955 1 Series, 3800GUY, UtahYork, Hawkman, Maybellene, 5 Window 9434, 39Master85, 52Carl, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible),
82
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,355 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 | What methods have you people found to remove and replace the rear cab corner foam rubber seals in the 1941-1946 trucks? | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 413 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 413 | Where do these seals go? I dont remember any foam rubber seal in that area on my truck, other than the windlace that goes around the door openings.
Last edited by JeffL; 07/07/2014 2:33 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 182 | Thanks for the reply. I made a sketch showing the whereabouts of this seal. The view is looking down and the seal is shown in red. The seal retainer has a U-shaped cross section and is spot welded to the floor pan. The seal fits into the middle of the "U" and the "U" is squeezed together to retain the seal. I was basically curious if people were able to pry the retainer apart enough to pull out the old seal and slip in a new one, or if they resorted to drilling out the spot welds holding the retainer in place to remove it and then reinstall it by quickly welding it in place before the foam rubber melts, | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 1,438 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 1,438 | That's funny. When I was taking things apart for paint, I found some remnants of some scraggly foam or whatever. I scraped it out. I figured it was something an owner put in there. I could tell it was old because of its condition. Never occurred to me it was supposed to be in there. I'll have to take another look at the plate you describe.
Dennis
40 Chevy 1/2 ton
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 166 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2002 Posts: 166 | Thank you so much for posting. I've been wondering what belongs there in that gap on my 37. | | |
| |
| |