The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rusty Heaps), 84 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,143
Posts1,056,494
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 182
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 182
What methods have you people found to remove and replace the rear cab corner foam rubber seals in the 1941-1946 trucks?

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 413
Where do these seals go? I dont remember any foam rubber seal in that area on my truck, other than the windlace that goes around the door openings.

Last edited by JeffL; 07/07/2014 2:33 AM.
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 182
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 182
Thanks for the reply.

I made a sketch showing the whereabouts of this seal. The view is looking down and the seal is shown in red. The seal retainer has a U-shaped cross section and is spot welded to the floor pan. The seal fits into the middle of the "U" and the "U" is squeezed together to retain the seal.

I was basically curious if people were able to pry the retainer apart enough to pull out the old seal and slip in a new one, or if they resorted to drilling out the spot welds holding the retainer in place to remove it and then reinstall it by quickly welding it in place before the foam rubber melts,

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
That's funny. When I was taking things apart for paint, I found some remnants of some scraggly foam or whatever. I scraped it out. I figured it was something an owner put in there. I could tell it was old because of its condition. Never occurred to me it was supposed to be in there. I'll have to take another look at the plate you describe.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 166
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 166
Thank you so much for posting. I've been wondering what belongs there in that gap on my 37.


1937 Chevy pickup
In the Gallery
1952 MGTD

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0