| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,374 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 41 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 41 | Working on a 49 3600. Decided to leave the front hubs as is and put in a lower number rear end like maybe a 3.73. I read somewhere that a rear axle from a 1967 - 1973 3/4 ton would fit. Anything newer than that work?
Thanks | | | | | Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 34 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2014 Posts: 34 | Hi, I have a 1948 3600 and I have been trying to do the same. Nothing fits 100%. I have been looking for a 67-72 eaton 4:10. The front section, 3rd member will bolt right in. If you find out anything else, please let me know.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 188 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 188 | Got a 66 1/2 ton rear I'm going to try. If I ever get it put in there, I'll let ya know. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 301 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 301 | I used the rear out of a 69' F250. It's almost exactly the same width drum to drum. It rquires having the drive shaft shortened and the yoke changed to mate up to the pinion and spring perches welded on. The one I found has 3.73 gearing.
1949 Chevy 3600 1975 W-25 Hurst Olds 1970 GMC 1/2 ton Fleetside 2010 Chevy Silverado
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 7 | If any of you guys have the 3600 Axel laying around - I would like to buy the E-brake parts from inside the drum/brake
Thank you! Kaad
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | If any of you guys have the 3600 Axel laying around - I would like to buy the E-brake parts from inside the drum/brake Post a Want Ad in the Swap Meet (or use email/PM for personal transaction)? | | |
| |
| |