The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 75 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,376
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1038673 06/29/2014 7:52 PM
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 41
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 41
Working on a 49 3600. Decided to leave the front hubs as is and put in a lower number rear end like maybe a 3.73. I read somewhere that a rear axle from a 1967 - 1973 3/4 ton would fit. Anything newer than that work?

Thanks

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 34
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 34
Hi, I have a 1948 3600 and I have been trying to do the same. Nothing fits 100%.
I have been looking for a 67-72 eaton 4:10. The front section, 3rd member will bolt right in.
If you find out anything else, please let me know.

Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 188
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 188
Got a 66 1/2 ton rear I'm going to try. If I ever get it put in there, I'll let ya know.

Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 301
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 301
I used the rear out of a 69' F250. It's almost exactly the same width drum to drum. It rquires having the drive shaft shortened and the yoke changed to mate up to the pinion and spring perches welded on. The one I found has 3.73 gearing.


1949 Chevy 3600
1975 W-25 Hurst Olds
1970 GMC 1/2 ton Fleetside
2010 Chevy Silverado
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 7
If any of you guys have the 3600 Axel laying around - I would like to buy the E-brake parts from inside the drum/brake


Thank you!
Kaad
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Originally Posted by Kaad
If any of you guys have the 3600 Axel laying around - I would like to buy the E-brake parts from inside the drum/brake

Post a Want Ad in the Swap Meet (or use email/PM for personal transaction)?


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0