The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (frogfarmer, Jon G, Wally / Montana, greenie-reddy), 163 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,213
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1037865 06/25/2014 8:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
I've started driving my new build a 53 3/4 ton GMC with a 228 can anyone tell Me what the oil pressure should be hot at idle and at speed.


Pete

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Pete52, I would say around 20 p.s.i..

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Online: Content
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
My 270 idles at 5 psi to 10 psi hot and 50 psi on the highway. It's not a fresh rebuild.


Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
Thanks, I'm getting about 12 15 hot at idle and 45 50 running on the road.


Pete

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
My 50 GMC 270 with 16000 miles idles at 20 to 30 psi and 55 to 60 running the road.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0