The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (RLB, Shaffer's1950, Otto Skorzeny, Mr Crosswrench), 121 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,391
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1037617 06/24/2014 6:37 PM
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 23
My 6 cyl is in big trouble, and my sm420 is stuck. I have a g80 and 465 out of a 70 c60 1.5 ton. It has the bellhousing and front of engine mount arrangement.

What are the odds this will mostly bolt into my 52? I know about steering box issues and have a plan for that.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
The mounts are different.

Joined: May 2014
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 23
Dang auto correct. I have a v8, not a g80. Does that make a difference in the answer?

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
Sorry same answer. If you want to install your later model V8 and transmission you can get a universal engine crossmember from most vendors. I know that Speedway Motors has them.

Joined: May 2014
Posts: 23
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 23
Ok. Thanks.

Shipping on that stuff kills up here, but I can cut and weld too. I'll just pan for a more involved weekend. Not going to make it in time for the 4th parade.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0