The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (BC59, 2-Ton, Forty9), 104 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,685
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1037465 06/24/2014 2:36 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
Is the wear/pitting on the axles normal or a cause for concern? I had planned to replace the bearings and seals. Now wondering if axles need work also. Opinions and advice would be appreciated. First 2 pictures are the right axle and the last 2 the left.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/xqjq56rxbth9zyr/AAAG4PIRIvptQ9BMecdphDNxa


Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
coker91
I would not trust axles in that condition in my truck. They should be replaced to be reliable. My opinion. Good luck
Delky dave in WYO


1957, 3100, v8
2016 gmc 4wd
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 568
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 568
Did they come out that clean? Looks like heat with the bluish hue. Any grease around them? Either way replace them


I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.
coker91 #1037536 06/24/2014 11:03 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 25
That's what I figured. I appreciate the advice.
Yes there was grease on them when I took them out. I clean them with a little mineral spirits for the sake of the picture.


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0