The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (51sub), 128 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1032774 06/02/2014 12:03 AM
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
Has anyone gone to the Victoria Swap Meet in Saanichton?
Id like to go but wondered if it was a car and truck swap meet or a kitchen utensil sale also.

Stan


Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
I go every year. Its mainly outdoors with a few stalls inside. Over the years it has been car and truck stuff but it seems every vendor has a selection of kitchen junk as well. But who knows. The way swap meets are going now it could be mainly household items. Its worth a visit however. If you take an old vehicle you can park in the "car show" parking. I'll be there with the blue 49.
Bill


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 707
This swap meet?
http://victoria.vccc.com/Swapmeet/SwapMeet2013.html
I'd miss 3B's picnic.


1951 3800

Be the change you want to see.
-hotshoe
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
Yes thats the one. Ill try and get there. Im looking for an under bed spare tire carrier for Nostalgia.

Stan

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Good luck on that. I tried everywhere for the last 15 years and finally got one from California last year. They also have a great breakfast bun with egg, ham and cheese and I usually eat there.
The Old Car Centre has a booth and if you order anything from them in advance they will bring it over.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 10
Don't forget about the Parksville swap meet tomorrow the 8th.I'm
bringing a truck load of Chev and Corvette bits,its always fun selling your junk for pennies on the dollar...

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Its tomorrow???


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
I just checked the calendar and it is! I always thought it was later in the summer. Has the date changed? Guess I'll be missing it so bring your truck load of Chev and Corvette bits to Victoria!!


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
Im going but not till a bit later after the good stuff is gone. Pulled the steering wheel and signal light mechanism out of Nostalgia so cant take her. Need some parts for that.

Stan

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
It was the same date (almost) last year so I am surprised I forgot! Dementia??


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
StanT #1035241 06/12/2014 11:06 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
How was Parksville? Anyone?


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
StanT #1035246 06/12/2014 11:25 PM
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
I looked around but didnt find anything I couldnt live without. Didnt go into the building so likely missed stuff in there. Lot of Fjord stuff from what I could see.

Stan

StanT #1035412 06/13/2014 10:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
I am sorry I missed it. Last year I got an 8" drill press for $10 and a painted grille for the AD in mint shape for $40. Lots of stuff inside.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
Picked up a good steering wheel for Nostalgia for $10.00 at the Victoria Swap Meet on Sunday.Took the kiddy car wheel out and installed the new one when I got home. The Mill Bay ferry doesn't start running until 9:15 so was late as usual. Saw your truck in the Show Sedgewick and then went touring the vendors. By the time I got back you were gone. Lots of stuff but other than the wheel nothing I couldn't live without.
Stan

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Stan. I got there about 7:30 and ate two of the egg/ham specials and made one trip around and bought nothing. Like you, there was nothing I could live without.
Looked at some of the cars and liked that old 76 Chevy two-door but noticed it suffers from the same thing my Buick does, a leaky windshield. After having been at Portland I found the car prices up here - not just at the swap meet - too high.
Sorry I missed you.
Bill


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 125
Do you all get Tims Car Talk? There are some great photos of the Parksville Swap Meet and the Saanich Swap Meet. I see Sedgewicks truck in the Saanich Swap Meet photos.
If you dont get it Google Tims Car Talk and he sends out an E mail monthly which you can always cancel.

Stan

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
The latest photo spread I found was the Father's Day event. Am I looking in the wrong place?


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice

Moderated by  Gord&Fran 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0