Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,266 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 367 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 367 | All the parts on the way for a new clutch package for a 235 in front of a T5.
I have NONE of the original linkage for the '47-'54 truck and I am going to be using hanging pedals.
The original setup had the pedal pulling on the fork from the tranny side of the belllhousing, or vice versa?
My idea is to fab a bracket of some sort to mount a basic clutch cable to the fork, forgoing both linkage and hydraulics. Has anyone done this/have pictures/seen pictures? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 | My question, is why are you trying to reinvent the wheel? Since you are using the original bell housing, the original pedal set up works just fine with a T-5. I'm sure that you can find the original missing parts which you would need pretty cheap.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 367 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 367 | My question, is why are you trying to reinvent the wheel? Since you are using the original bell housing, the original pedal set up works just fine with a T-5. I'm sure that you can find the original missing parts which you would need pretty cheap. I've driven trucks both with the original pedals and with hanging pedals. It seemed to me that the hanging pedals gave a little extra leg room, were more comfortable, and were easier to adjust. As for the linkage - comparing the original linkage to a wheel seems too complimentary. Is a clutch cable not vastly more simple, reliable, and easier to repair/replace than the original linkage? I mean these questions sincerely. Correct me if I am wrong. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Nothing wrong with firewall mounted pedals. What is your opposition to a hydraulic slave cylinder? Avoiding the additional work? 
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 367 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 367 | Nothing wrong with firewall mounted pedals. What is your opposition to a hydraulic slave cylinder? Avoiding the additional work?  No opposition aside from the extra parts. If a clutch cable can be made to work that eliminates the expense of the master cylinder, the slave, and the bracket. If the cable doesn't work, it'll be the hydro. BUT, if you know of a bracket to mount a slave to a 216 bellhousing, please let me know. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Unfortunately I only know of 1955 and up, but here is a link to Novak that would give you an idea of what to use. Maybe you or a friend could fab the bracket? It's pretty basic if you can figure your dimensions. http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/clutch/kit_hcrc.htm
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 | My question, is why are you trying to reinvent the wheel? Since you are using the original bell housing, the original pedal set up works just fine with a T-5. I'm sure that you can find the original missing parts which you would need pretty cheap. I've driven trucks both with the original pedals and with hanging pedals. It seemed to me that the hanging pedals gave a little extra leg room, were more comfortable, and were easier to adjust. As for the linkage - comparing the original linkage to a wheel seems too complimentary. Is a clutch cable not vastly more simple, reliable, and easier to repair/replace than the original linkage? I mean these questions sincerely. Correct me if I am wrong. All I needed to hear was "leg room". There ain't much in these trucks. Back when these trucks were built, the bigguns must have been relegated to riding in the back, or on the back of the big horse. Invent away my brother. That's half the fun anyway.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 367 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 367 | I think he got what he was from Novak by the looks of it. But I know I saw someone use a clutch cable on their AD. I just don't remember how they did it. | | |
| |