The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Bill Hanlon, DES57, Tom McGrath), 118 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,117
Posts1,056,296
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1031462 05/27/2014 12:36 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
This question I have probably has a really simple answer but here we go anyways. I ordered the new cardboard like headliner for my truck that came in 2 pieces, what is the easiest way to go about installing it correctly? I ask because I want to have it right the first time and also I figure some of you guys have done it a time or 2.


Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
On mine I did the back piece first. Start on one side above the door, towards the back cornerb and then work towards the other side across the back. I used an awl to help locate the holes through the metal trim piece, headliner, and into the holes in the interior sheetmetal of the cab. Then do the front piece in a similar way. It wasn't hard, but it can get frustrating at times. Just go slow and bend very carefully so as not to get creasing. I didn't wet it or anything, just worked slow and careful.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0