| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Steelonsteel),
141
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,289 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,839 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,839 | I'm getting ready to puts bookoo bucks into a new paint job for my 50'. Unfortuneately there is no room in the garage so it is an outside guard dog for my house. Is there any suggestions or recommendations on truck covers ? Which one will protect the truck the best without damaging the paint job? Do they cause the vehicles to sweat during summer ? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatful. Hopefully I opened this thread under the right category.
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 259 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 259 | I would recommend you check out the products from California Car Covers. I've been using one on my 50 AD for 6 years now and plan to buy another for my next Street Rod that should be done in March.
Joe
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,839 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,839 | Which cover of theirs do you use ? When it rains do you just let it stay on and dry out ?
Craig My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear My truck ....... Respect The Rust If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 259 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 259 | I purchased the Plushweave because mine is stored inside. I wouldn't let the cover stay on the truck if it's dusty.
Joe
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 2 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 2 | You might try the Budge brand of cover I found at WallMart. Unfortunately the largest stock universal size didn't quite cover my '53 Chevy 1 ton w/ 9 foot bed! The cheapest flavour is grey soft and doesn't seem a good value, more short term or a dust cover. If available in the truck cover the Tyvek, same as HouseWrap, is double the money but seems worth it. (I have these on my Opel GT parts car and project respectively. Another weather shelter also from WallMart is the poorman's quonset hut: a steel tube frame with white tarp roof and sides ( no ends) 10 x 10 x 20 feet I think. Some carcover makers have the pattern for the stepside I'll look for the literature I picked up at Carlisle and email the info to you.
EightLughead 1953 Chevy (covered in Blue Tarp found on I-95), last registered 1983! | | |
| |
| |