The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Pete1946, Gib70, Woodcmiami, Bill Hanlon), 100 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,371
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1031084 05/25/2014 11:23 PM
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
Would a GMC 302 Military intake, casting number 2194216, fit a 1950 GMC 270 with the H head ? Was looking at one to mount a TBI 2 barrel with an adapter/ spacer. Also would I be able to use reproduction Fenton duals for GMC with this intake? Thanks. Jim

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
I have the same manifold on mine with fenton headers, I have the 302 big port head and these manifolds are designed to fit big port heads. I am using a 2g carburetor from a 283, some say to go a little larger. I have not completed the engine it's almost ready to go into the chassis.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
Thanks, GMONIZ. I guess I'll order it then. My 270 has the H head with bigger intake ports. Got any pics of what your doing with your engine? Mines still in the firetruck. As soon as I finish the job I'm on I'll be pulling it to clean, reseal, paint and install the parts I've bought. Will be installing this with GM 2 barrel TBI from 87 Pickup. Just dropped distributor off to machine point lobes down for reluctor wheel for HEI. Also going to build a double stainless intake for 2 one barrel TBIs to see which gives best power, fueling. Thanks again. Jim

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
Just ordered off e-bay. Thanks again GMONIZ.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
I actually like the military better than the civilian. The military is 4 bolt which allows a Rochester 2G or a Stromberg WW. Most if not all of the civilian use a 3 Bolt Holley which is rather hard to find. I convert Ford Y-Block 3 Bolt Holleys to work on GM vacuum/centrifugal advance, but most people aren't willing to attempt that.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
Can you tell me the bolt pattern on the military 302 intake, for the carb mount flange. I'd like to order an adapter ASAP for the TBI, if possible. Thanks for the info. Jim

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
A Holley 2300 2 barrel will fit on the military manifold. But I would get the manifold in hand before ordering anything. Measure the bolt pattern and give the dimensions to the vendor. You don't want to have any misunderstandings when you order stuff.

Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
E
'Bolter
'Bolter
E Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 255
Got the manifold in, its in excellent shape. Got a TBI adapter ordered from Hamilton Fuel Injection. Should be able to get started on it next week.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0