The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (TooMany2count, 1955 1 Series, homer52, UtahYork, J Lucas), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,377
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 85
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 85
I looked at the paint spec codes; if I understand correctly, it lists the instrument panel can be either a Medium Tan or Dark Tan. Is one color "more original" than the other? Is there a site I can see a paint chips? Also, whatever color I use for the panel, I use for the rest of the interior (except the heater), correct? Thanks for any help - am ready to start painting & just want to make sure to use the right color. Bob

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
This is from a 2012 discussion that we had on this subject, should still be valid to day.

Some of the guys have been using Rustoleum 7272 Dark Bronze
Metallic. It's close but not as correct as the PPG offset color
DBU/DBI 27467.
I believe this is what Gus used on his interior and it came out
real nice.
http://picasaweb.google.com/103098517476416596131/UntitledAlbum02#5573664163310346418

As I posted at the begining of this
thread, you might give TPC Global a call
and see if they could put that color they
list in a rattle can. If it is correct
then you would have the best of both
worlds, spray can and correct color.
Let us know how you make out.

Denny G


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0