The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (cmayna, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny), 139 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
I am almost done with my windshield and am getting ready to start on the rear door's windows. What seal can I use? Is it the same as a deluxe windshield seal cut down? Don't forget my doors have deluxe trim. I have not seen deluxe trim rear door rubber but maybe someone else knows where to find it or knows of custom option?
Will this work...
classic truck parts window seals - this part comes w chrome lock strip , but I wonder if its compatible with my original chrome ?

Anyone with tips please chime in. I am only going to get one chance at replacing the seals on this glass. I do not want to break it.

Last edited by 1tonpete; 05/23/2014 12:13 PM.
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
I am silly. The trim is not on the seal in the rear . It goes around the outside of the windows...
rear trim
So I guess standard panel truck rear glass seal will work.
I spent all that time with the windshield, I was thinking the rear was the same as the front....
I like the part that I linked though... A good way to add deluxe trim to add on side windows to panels .

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
I bought mine from steelerubber, steele rubber barn door rubber
Or you can get this type
barn door glass rubber
Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Pete,this might help,I know it shows a rear cab glass on a pick-up but the principal's exactly the same.

If you get the rubber with the chrome insert/lock strip it means you'll have two sets of chrome on your rear doors....you might want to order the plain black insert.

Rear window install.

Last edited by jockbolter50; 05/28/2014 3:29 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
Thanks jockbolter50 . Those pics do help. Im going to use standard panel truck rear window seals. Im guessing you used windex in the sprayer?

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by 1tonpete
Thanks jockbolter50 . Those pics do help. Im going to use standard panel truck rear window seals. Im guessing you used windex in the sprayer?

That's good Pete,wish I could be there to help,I could use a (working) vacation right now! grin

Just take your time,try not to stress the glass(or yourself) too much.
I'm unsure if the glass is laminate or tempered on panel rear doors,if it's laminated and original just don't beat on it too much to seat the glass,if you do have to resort to patting it use a flat hand,no fists!
Tempered on the other hand is much more forgiving.

The 'lube' is simply a water/concentrate mix alcohol based glass cleaner,some folks prefer to add a small drop of dish soap,either way clean up is much easier,just try to avoid any silicon based products for obvious reasons.

Good luck.
P.S. Most folks round here just call me plain old Jock. wink

Last edited by jockbolter50; 05/29/2014 9:43 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 159
Thanks a lot Jock. I really appreciate the help.
Today is the day I install my front glass. pics up tonight.

Last edited by 1tonpete; 05/30/2014 2:36 AM.

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0