The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Still At It, 3800GUY, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny), 113 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1028691 05/15/2014 1:48 AM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 35
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 35
I just got a 1948 GMC 248 unstuck. I am planning a full rebuild, but I don't know where to get a good rebuild kit. I saw Kanter has a rebuild kit. Does anyone know of a company that sells them or has anyone done business with Kanter?

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
Kanter has been around a long time. They guarantee parts for the life of the vehicle, but that isn't much when you figure labor. All of the parts I have seen from them lately are made in China. What do you call a full rebuild? NOS rings, bearings and valves appear on eBay regularly. Egge makes their pistons here in the US.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0