The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (qside, Greg_H, TUTS 59, Jon G, RdsLessTaken, 1 invisible), 72 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,430
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 45
It has worked fine for years. I went to crank it down and it locked up. Jiggled it around and got it to where I can "manually" pull it up and down. I took off the panel....WTF??? How do I access this thing to work on it????


Who owns this car with the peace sign, mag wheels, and 4 on the floor?

Dude- 1948 Chevrolet Thriftmaser 3600

https://i.imgur.com/NN2ehrsl.jpg
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,747
If I read your tag line correctly this will be helpful:

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1948_51truck/51ctsm0109.htm

Follow for the next few pages to get the class out and back in. My best guess for why it won't go down and gets stuck? Worn channel and worn rollers in the window support. Enjoy!


Steve H

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0